Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wikipedia - ONE WAY at a time !

Wikipedia is like Kung Fu (in my estimation), requires an incredible self-discipline. "Try not to surf", "Dont get lost". Not to choose other 3 ways instead of the one you started to walk on. Using Wikipedia is a serious "business" for me, just like using the internet. I will explain it later..

Once
(and not at first) i caught myself on jumping beetween articles by clicking on the links, before even scroll down to the second chapter or to the history of the current article. That's not the best practice, only confuses me. I decided to make stirct rules for myself.

To compensate my 'handicap' i set:

RULE 1 : I HAVE TO READ the current article ALL THROUGH before opening any links from it.

I can open them into new tabs, but only can go to read them when i finished the current article that i am reading.
This causes a long row of new tabs, new articles which are waiting for reading...but in the most cases i just stressing on how much they are, and when will i get time to get the end of the continuosly growing line of articles.

RULE 2 : To create a useful hierarchy in my mind i have to draw an article-tree to see about the main topic and it's subarticles, how they are connected and which thing goes from which.


example: the "file-system" article and it's children (hungarian wikipedia)

1 comment:

.mimi said...

csokolom! mostantol udvrivalgássaéfogok olvasgatni itten. csóközön_: noémi azexavasistajányka