Saturday, August 16, 2008

SZiget Statistics Team (SZ.S.T)

Dávid Lovas(on the left), and me (iwan) on duty

I'm pretty good at illogical behavior, like going out, under the burning sun in an antigas suit* in the early afternoon and standing under the strongest sun-power exposing myself to the fatal temperature. We managed to do exactly this at Sziget Festival, Hungary, 14,Aug,2008.

We took apart in a project as 'statistics agents' working around our professor's (János, Szirtes) art-installation. We collected people and asked them to take a seat at a table in front of a video-camera. Meantime we stand behind them and noted some parameters about them. Such as : if he/her Hungarian or not, smoker or not, drunk, excited, or has any extra attributes..

The primal syptom that i observed on myself is the fast acclimatization (readjustment is better word) to the changed climate, to the terminated vaporization of my skin. The first half an hour was critical, of course we got totally sweltered in 2 minutes, however we only wore shorts under the antigas suit. But after 20 minutes the increasing suffering/passion stopped and remained constant. After a while i started to feel myself almost good enough. I drunk only 1.5L all along the time while this suit was on me. My firm belief is that i lost at least twice more water, maybe 3 litres or more !

*: "adequate wear to survive a germ warfare". I bought these suits from a Hungarian, who lived in the USA, when the WTC terror happened, and when everybody bought there this kind of costumes by scare at the panic-time.




No comments: