Thursday, March 12, 2009

iwan - Brussels #2 doubt

Palais de Expositions (1935)

The grimace calls against the building behind me, - the Art Deco Palais de Expositions (Grand Palais) in Brussels - which i titulated as "nazi styled". I wasn't sure of myself, so i read about it on wikipedia later, i realized, that nazi architecture used some art deco motifs and style-elements on numerous buildings. Despite this, i like this kind of design !


But in this picture the soviet pavilon (on the right..) seems much more art deco (to me) than the nazi eagle podium (the left). The nazi podium is more classicist i quess. Otherway, both of nazis and soviet dealed with Neoclassicism and Art Deco so it's hard to keep it clean. I guess, i am confused.. Architect experts, please.., help me out! %)

any similarity ?

I put the Brussels expo next to the soviet pavilon, and it seems, that my supposal was inproper, and i should say: Palais de Expositions has built in soviet style in that context. Amen.

No comments: