Monday, November 3, 2008

Piros 50 A


D
istance walked : 52,5 km (according to my GPS results)
Stage Time : 10hours 47min
Start: 07:05am
Finish: 17:52pm
Sleep time before hiking : 2hour 50min



"Piros 50 A" was the name of this well organized hiking on Saturday. It means: 50km long A-stage. "A" means the first 50km of the total 85km route. It was the 6th official performance-hiking in my life. The first one was the same like this, on 29th of October, 2005.The last one was on the 5th of April, 2008 and 50km long one also. My hiking-mate was Álmos, the younger brother of Áron (I.R.O.N) my greatest architect friend, who is in Poland now. So that we named our challenge: "Iron memorial tour". This time we got perfect weather, which means the rain rained only when i wanted it. I started with empty stomach, and felt myself close to have a "black screen" in any moment. Fortunately i didn't Knocked out before time, so we reached Dömös village (Checkpoint at halfway [30km]) at noon. I ate two sandwiches that the organisers gave me. (it is in the fee that we paid at the start of the tour). That tuned me up, and tossed me towards the 35km Checkpoint on the second highest hill of Hungary, the Dobogókő hilltop with brilliant panorama(pictures above and below). There i implanted two fresh young bananas with a beer and wanted to stay there forever %). Soon we started to go down the last 15km-s. (to be continued..)


Dobogókő hill-top panorama






Dobogókő photo matched to GoogleEarth viewpoint



iwan painmap (at the end of day)

3 comments:

tvik said...

How did it come out that Dobogókő is the second highest hill of Hungary? There are some others which taller than that.

Boritás Viktor Iwan said...

You are absolutely correct, sorry for the misinformation. Dobogókő is beetween only the 10th - 20th highest peaks of Hungary. To fix the wrong data i tried to find official sources about the order, but i failed.

r.man MMXIV said...

"DEC'KOREKT!"

my fav. part is the painmap!
incredible,
just say: "aoooohhhh!"